Let It Be

The week of departure has come. In just a few days I will be saying farewell to friends and family, and flying off to my new home in the Eternal City. I anticipate the next four months with hope, as I am sure it will be filled with an abundance of joy, grace, and companionship. However, moving halfway across the world will also bring each one of us out of our comfort zones.

With this in mind, the phrase that I am going to strive to live by is our Mother's "Fiat." At first, Mary was afraid when the angel Gabriel came to her, but then Gabriel assured her that she had found favor with God. Mary responded to God's call, and in Luke 1:38 "Mary said, 'Behold I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.'"

 So my Mother, with that in mind:
                              Come what may, and "may it be done to me according to your word."

Comments

  1. Susanna I am enjoying your writing very much! I am so blessed to be a part of your experience this way but mostly to be reminded of the every day blessings that are there for us all if we are open to them!
    blessings!
    kori

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment